Do not forget to send us your inquiry mentioning #EstudiaenBuenosAires to access the best discounts : ASK ABOUT PROMOTIONS.
Here’s a guide to everything you need for your first few days in the city. Watch the video below to learn how to use this guide, and see what the city has in store for you.
From home, before travelling, you can:
1. Buy a ticket for the bus from the airport to the city via Manuel Tienda León. Remember to check whether you arrive at Jorge Newbery airport or at the Ministro Pistarini International Airport in Ezeiza. The bus will leave you in the Puerto Madero neighborhood, from where we recommend taking a taxi to your hostel.
You can also reserve a taxi direct from the airport to your hostel.
2. Book a hostel for the first few days of your stay. We recommend staying for at least a week in your chosen hostel to give yourself time to find definitive longer-term accommodation. We don’t recommend renting apartments online without first visiting them personally.
You can search for hostels on the student map at the bottom of this page. By selecting your university, you can find hostels nearby. Clicking on each one, you’ll see the contact email address. Send an email to enquire about availability for the dates of your stay, and don’t forget to mention #EstudioEnBA to get a discount on 7 and 15-night stays. For 7 nights, you’ll get a special rate of US$ 110 in a shared room, with breakfast included (subject to availability; check the cancelation policies of each hostel on their website).
When checking in, you should show you university admission letter in order to confirm the special rate.
3. Apply for your free SIM card! Complete the form below and your SIM card will be waiting for you at the Recoleta Tourist Assistance Center (the location’s marked on the map below). The SIM will be ready to put in your phone and activate, complete with some free minutes of credit, SMS messages, and gigs for internet use. You’ll be able to buy more credit at kiosks and supermarkets throughout the city. Remember to unblock your phone before you travel so that you can use the SIM card!
4. Buy your SUBE travel card. A SUBE card is essential because it’s the only way to pay for bus and subte (underground metro/subway) journeys in the city. Where to get it? On the student map, you’ll see several businesses close to your university and hostel where you can buy the card for 25 pesos and charge credit to it in order to use public transport. Bear in mind when you charge the card that each bus journey costs 6.50 pesos and each subte journey costs 7.50 pesos.
You can also get your SUBE card if you go to collect your SIM card from the Recoleta Tourist Assistance Center.
5. Download the following apps – they’ll be useful to have on your phone/tablet during your stay:
Your event: your day in Buenos Aires.
We’ll be waiting to greet you and all our international students on August 19 at El Dorrego, where you’ll be able to meet young people from Argentina and from all over the world. There’ll be games, concerts, talks on innovation and technology, tango classes, graffiti courses, Argentine food and information on places to visit and things to do while you’re here. This unmissable event will be YOUR day in the city.
If you have any doubts about any of these benefits, just write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org